Had To Stop But Back On Track
Monday, March 16, 2009
Last week I had to change up my Lenten commitment a bit. I experienced some mild health "issues" so I broke from the all-day fast. I added supper with the family. The day fast still included prayer at lunch time. I'm in the habit of spending about half an hour in focused prayer, listening and Bible reading--I'm almost through Nehemiah. It's really cool to read the ancient saints. I also walk around our sanctuary and anoint the pews with oil. I'm praying that whoever sits in those seats will feel God's presence in a powerful way. I'm also praying that God will fill the seats. We have many visitors each month and if we could only retain and enfold one per month it would change the face of our church--roughly forty to fifty new people each year.
That was last week. The health issues are all-but resolved so it's back to the all-day fast. I'm looking forward to it. It's amazing how little the body needs to get by. I think it helps having an office job. If I was still landscaping I wouldn't take this on.
God bless you this week. May you feel His presence powerfully and intimately.






Rev. Jason Johnson resides in Calgary, AB and is the Lead Pastor of West Springs Free Methodist Church. He is
married to a wonderful woman named Esther, and is the proud father of two beautiful girls named Mattea and Allia. Jason likes coffee, playing
golf, and prefers Pepsi over Coke.