Feeling the F/X

Thursday, February 26, 2009


For those of you who haven't fasted for an extended period of time (beyond one day or even 30 hours) you really do need to be aware of the effects. Hunger is the first one. I think we eat because we're used to eating not because we necessarily need more fuel for action. That being said, I feel hungry throughout the day but mostly at meal times. Esther made another batch of her awesome spaghetti. The smell hit me and I was reminded how hungry I am. Even thinking about it now makes my stomach whirl. This is a manageable thing, though. I take my mind off it by thinking about different things. Last night I was cold for no apparent reason. I can usually take the cold very well. I have some pictures posted of myself and three other guys when we were down at Pebble Beach last year. They're all in jackets and I'm in a t-shirt. I can take the cold but last night I just couldn't get warm. A final effect I'm feeling is sadness. I'm sad I don't get to eat. I love eating. I love eating out. I love eating at home. I love cooking. I love trying new things. But for the next 39 days it's just me and my mixture.
God bless you today. For those of you who have also given up something for Lent, keep it going! We're in this together.
Posted by Soul Fill @ 10:28 AM

2 Comments:

  • I thought you said it was the draft in the wall making you cold . . . . .aaaahhh now the truth comes out!!! I was right, it was the hunger and the missing out on my delish spag that made you cold!! :(

    By Blogger Esther, @ 1:36 PM  
  • You should not feel hungry when you do the Master Cleanser, (the lemon, Maple Syrup and Cayenne pepper).
    Are you drinking at least 8 glasses a day?
    Add more Maple Syrup if you feel hungry and add more Cayenne Pepper if you feel cold!!!
    It should be a very "hot" drink, just a small little touch more of cayenne than you can handle.
    Cayenne warm up your body temperature. Also warm the mix up in a little pan on the stove to combat the cold. (not boiling though!!!!!)
    Quite normal for the body temperature to drop. Body is too busy getting rid of all the toxins.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, @ 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment
<< Home