Reminisce
Monday, January 12, 2009
I'm speaking tomorrow at Ambrose University. I'm sharing from Ephesians 4:1-6. I make a point about the diversity of Christians and our experiences with Christ. I have a story about that. When I attended my one and only year at Asbury Theological Seminary, I got in the habit of getting up early and worshiping God through music. I didn't play the guitar back then but I used a stereo and some headphones. I had some favorite worship songs that I would simply loop for a period of time. I hadn't expressed my faith and devotion to God like that before that one and only year at Asbury. My typical faith-expression was to pray and read the Bible. I had occasional worship-with-music experiences but nothing as consistent as I exeperienced at ATS. I really enjoyed those times and I sometimes harken back to them. My roommates didn't do the same thing that I did, as far as I knew. They worshiped God and expressed their devotion to Him in other ways. Jason served in the local church. Sean did too. Tom always signed his letters "your servant." What great diversity yet what wonderful unity, too. All of us worshiped and served the same Risen Lord. All of us still worship and serve the same Risen Lord. Listen to how Paul puts it: there only is one body and one Spirit, one hope, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all.
I pray that whatever expression your faith and devotion takes may it be consistent and may it move you to love Jesus more and more.






Rev. Jason Johnson resides in Calgary, AB and is the Lead Pastor of West Springs Free Methodist Church. He is
married to a wonderful woman named Esther, and is the proud father of two beautiful girls named Mattea and Allia. Jason likes coffee, playing
golf, and prefers Pepsi over Coke.