Back at it

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

My life, much like everyone else's, got pretty hectic these past few weeks. I wasn't able to get out and visit much, which I want to do and feel I need to do. This week I started off on the right foot, however. I scheduled a bunch of meetings with some people. I'm pumped for myself and my family to get more involved in the lives of our church as well as community "movers and shakers."
Along that line, I had a great conversation with a guy today. We talked about the various neighborhoods in Calgary. I asked him what a healthy neighborhood looked like. His first test of health was this: connection. The neighbors are connecting with one another and their community association. I immediately thought, "What a great test of health for the church, too."
An evaluation tool the church of today uses is called, "Natural Church Development." This tool defines connection as "Loving Relationships." I believe that's what Christ meant when he labeled we believers as "branches." The at-heart identity of every Christian church is "believers." We are a gathered group of believers who have been redeemed and reconciled by Christ. What an incredible thing to be connected to. Connected to Christ and connected to one another.
God bless you and your family today. May you feel deeply spiritually and emotionally connected to Christ. I also trust you have a deep connection to your church, wherever and however you gather.
Posted by Soul Fill @ 11:56 AM

0 Comments:


Post a Comment
<< Home