It's a Beautiful Day
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Today was pretty exciting for me. I helped lead worship at the church we've been attending, New Life Christian Reformed church. Jonathan Van Dyke is the worship leader there and he's amazing--great vocals, awesome guitar and a heart as big as the ocean. I was overwhelmed at first, leading a church that large. See, I started leading worship at our little church, The Edge. Mostly in a living room but sometimes at church with about 40 in attendance. Then I led worship at our church in Kamloops--a bigger venue, for sure, but only about 100 people. New Life has about 1500 people! Quite the step up. I was really stretched musically so that's good. Even though I knew the songs I hadn't done them before and the ones I did do before, New Life does in a different way. It was like learning a bunch of new songs all in one shot...and then having to lead others. The Big Jay Man's not used to being nervous in front of a group of people but I just kept my eyes on Jesus and tried to please Him. That is, after all, what worship leading is all about.In our prayer time before the service I was reminded of some of the OT poems, that it's not necessarily the righteous who can best lead us in worship but the broken. More than anything we need to be broken before our God.
After church we visited with some friends and at supper we had Es' parents and sister down for supper. What a beautiful day today was...and now tomorrow I'm going to move dirt. I think God's still breaking me!!






Rev. Jason Johnson resides in Calgary, AB and is the Lead Pastor of West Springs Free Methodist Church. He is
married to a wonderful woman named Esther, and is the proud father of two beautiful girls named Mattea and Allia. Jason likes coffee, playing
golf, and prefers Pepsi over Coke.