Going into Transition
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
After a long time of praying, waiting and listening Es and I decided to resign from our church here and move on. It was a decision we knew we had to make and thought it best to be proactive. We don't have a new church job to move to. There are no current offers. We don't know what the next step is that God will lead us to but we decided to move on. It was a decision long in the making and one that was tough. We have lots of good memories and milestones here in Kamloops. Es and I met, fell in love, got engaged and got married here. Our first child was born here. Kamloops will always be home to us in many ways. We have some good friends, some good memories and these will be missed. It's our desire to keep in touch with as many people as we can, via whatever means possible be it email, snail-mail, MSN, SKYPE or something else. I put the offer out that if the church needed a preacher some Sunday, and we are available, we'd love to come back and minister.
We don't know what the future holds but, as they say, we know Who holds our future. Our desire now is to get quiet, focus on God, listen to His voice and be ready to obey when He directs us. It is also time for me to evaluate my time spent here at the church. Let me illustrate. I went golfing on Monday. I did pretty good on the front-9 and as I walked to the back-9 I asked myself, "Where do I need to improve? What do I need to do differently? What worked well? What should I try?" I'm happy to report that I improved my back-9 game, albeit slightly! Right now, it's like Es and I are heading to the back-9. I'm asking myself of my performance adn obedience here: what can I learn? What, if anything, should I do differently in the future? How can I improve my ministry skills?
Es and I are both looking forward to what lies ahead. We're closer to family and friends made long ago, we have a roof over our heads and I have a job to go to. There are some ministry opportunities as well. God is good! All the time! All the time! God is good! I'll be posting my thoughts and be reporting on our journey here. God bless you all and talk to you soon.
Posted by Soul Fill @
9:04 AM
Post a Comment
2 Comments:
-
Good post J! Good reflections and insights. There will be so much missed here in Kamloops for sure, but we're trusting and praying and I know God is preparing that place for us. So long as we keep God ever before us and always as our focus, we can never go wrong.
Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God."By , @ 9:27 AM -
What a great post. I'll continue to hold your family in my prayers. And I do look forward to seeing more of you guys!








Rev. Jason Johnson resides in Calgary, AB and is the Lead Pastor of West Springs Free Methodist Church. He is
married to a wonderful woman named Esther, and is the proud father of two beautiful girls named Mattea and Allia. Jason likes coffee, playing
golf, and prefers Pepsi over Coke.