Frosty...but not the snowman

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Looking out my window right now I see some hoar frost. It's really quite picturesque. Apparently hoar frost is also called "radiation frost." It's beautiful to look at but it can be damaging to certain surfaces (pavement and fruit.) Wikipedia says that the size of the crystals depends on time, temperature, and the amount of water vapor available.
I was thinking about our own spiritual development. Doesn't the "size" of our faith depend on some of the same things? Hopefully, prayerfully and carefully over time our faith will grow and deepen. As the temperature is turned up in our lives doesn't that force us to depend on Jesus more and more? And aren't we also grown depending on what our environment is like? What resources are at our disposal that we can tap into? Who has God sent us to bring us insight, encouragement or challenge?
I trust that in all ways you are growing more and more in your faith. Even a little step each day will make a huge difference.
Posted by Soul Fill @ 12:29 PM

0 Comments:


Post a Comment
<< Home