Awesome day Sunday!!
Monday, March 02, 2009
Yesterday was a great day for many reasons. First and foremost we had our public church service that day. We talked about being a LIVELY Community, meaning we share with one another our ups and downs and we rejoice together at what God is doing in our midst. We also shared Communion together in a little different fashion. Change is good sometimes. I also got to eat since Sunday's aren't included in the over all Lent Season. Here's why: every Sunday is a min-Easter unto itself. I was pumped 'cuz I got to eat but it hit me throughout the day that I get to eat because Jesus has Risen! He's Risen indeed. It's amazing how that truth can impact someone, and it did and that someone was me. What an awesome God we serve!
Now I'm into another fast. This one will be longer than last week's. I only fasted for four days but I'm into a six-day stretch. I also gave myself a bit of leeway last week but this week I'm going to tighten up the boot straps. I will endeavor to stick to the solution ("death mixture" as one friend put it) and lemon and water solution.
God bless you today. If you too are fasting from something during Lent may God give you the strength to finish!






Rev. Jason Johnson resides in Calgary, AB and is the Lead Pastor of West Springs Free Methodist Church. He is
married to a wonderful woman named Esther, and is the proud father of two beautiful girls named Mattea and Allia. Jason likes coffee, playing
golf, and prefers Pepsi over Coke.