Day Four

Saturday, February 28, 2009


It's day four. The early AM. The girls got up early which means we got up early. I'm happy to report that the hunger pains are subsiding. I have taken a bit of leeway, however. This being my first time I want to make sure it's a good experience. That being said, I've allowed myself a couple little treats: a bit of kiwi, some soy nuts and even an Easter cream egg. Or two. Nothing compared to what I normally eat. I intentionally planned some extras. The health issue is one that keeps coming up with people. When I tell them that I'm also taking a bit of protein and some sugar-free fruit juice they feel better. So do I! But I'm looking forward to tomorrow because it's not part of Lent. Remember that Sunday's aren't included? Now that I'm thinking about food my stomach is starting to grumble. I'm also happy to report that my head aches due to coffee-deprivation have gone away. For as much as I love coffee I don't really miss it. Funny how that happens. I also have to say that I'm not really sure how this cleanse is supposed to work. My fasting during Lent isn't strictly a cleanse option but that's one of the options. I haven't seen much cleansing going on. Not sure what that's supposed to look like, mind you. Due to the lateness of my deciding to do this I didn't get much research in. Hence, me giving myself a bit of leeway.

The main purpose of this is to spend time in prayer. Which I did primarily at the church during the lunch hour. They were great times of communing with the Lord. I'm simply pouring my heart out for myself, my family and my church. Tomorrow is our Sunday service and I'm going to invite the church to join me during those lunch hours. Anyone who has the time is welcome to join me. The community coming together to listen for God's voice is such a powerful thing. I pray that some take me up on the offer.

Well our littlest one is now vying for my attention so I'll sign off. God bless you today and thanks for reading.
Posted by Soul Fill @ 6:49 AM

1 Comments:

  • For the fast/cleanse to be effective, you should not eat anything else BUT the drinks alone, unless you incorporate freshly home made fruit juices. NO PROTEIN, as that defeats the fast. You want your body (and mind) to clean up what's left and not having to deal with other "incoming clutter".
    To get a better handle on the fast, you really should read "The Master Cleanse" which will explain that your body will NOT miss any essential vitamins, minerals and proteins as well and the importance of sticking with it. If you can't do it for more than 5-6 days, you're better of stopping after 5-6 days than to go on for 5-6- days, quit for 1 day and then back on. It might not be the best for your body. Sorry to keep hammering on it, but we have been many-a-times on this fast and it would be a pity if you were to experience some negative effects due to not having the full info.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, @ 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment
<< Home