Ministry and Leadership Model

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Back in the Spring of this year I did a sermon series called, "Christ On Earth." It started the Sunday before Palm Sunday and continued through to the end of June. A long one, I know! It encompassed a lot of ideas, so it had to be a long one. When I was putting the series together I felt I needed to look at a biblical mandate for leadership in the local church. I believe that leadership is largely misunderstood in our evangelical circles so I wanted to see what scripture had to say. I put down a well-known passage and left it at that (I put the series together a few weeks ahead of time.) When I began studying this passage, it was like my eyes were opened. I believe God has a methodology for leadership in the church and I believe this passage reveals it. Over the next few weeks I'm going to walk through this leadership/ministry model. Does it resonate with you? Am I challenging your pre-conceived notions about leadership? Do you have a challenge for me or something to add? Again, I'd like for this to be a dialogue. Please post a comment re: the model I'm proposing.
So let's begin...tomorrow.
Posted by Soul Fill @ 8:35 AM

0 Comments:


Post a Comment
<< Home