J.A.M. has finished for the year
Friday, June 09, 2006
Our junior high program finished off last night. What a great year we had! The students are great and I love working with the team we have. We did a lot this past year and it was good to reflect a bit on it with the students last night. Probably the best news is that 11 students gave their lives to Christ. That's why we do J.A.M.
As good as the year was, it's also good to close out the year. The leaders are tired. The students' committments are divided--have been divided for many weeks now! It's time for a break. I feel it and so does everyone else--well, the leaders anyway! Our plan is to keep in touch as best we can with the students and either see them again this Fall in J.A.M. or see them move on to WITHDROL--our Senior High program.
This summer we'll do some re-tooling and get a much-needed rest. It was a good time of doing work and now it's time for rest! That's what I've been learning--work from rest, not rest from work. It's a concept I picked up at our University Group that meets each Sunday (also coming to a close.) It's a concept based on John 15. We abide and then produce fruit. The producing is in the abiding. The key to doing better work is to rest better. What a concept! I've been mulling it around in my mind and it's been keeping me on track. You should try it out sometime. Maybe this weekend. Spend adequate time resting so come Monday morning you're all refreshed and ready to go. I encourage you to not fill up Saturday and Sunday with more "to-dos". I encourage you to rest.






Rev. Jason Johnson resides in Calgary, AB and is the Lead Pastor of West Springs Free Methodist Church. He is
married to a wonderful woman named Esther, and is the proud father of two beautiful girls named Mattea and Allia. Jason likes coffee, playing
golf, and prefers Pepsi over Coke.