MCN this week
Monday, February 20, 2006

I'm meeting with some fellow Pastors tomorrow and Wednesday. Our denomination, the Free Methodist Church in Canada, has all its churches placed in networks. These network get together about once per quarter for fellowship, prayer, sharing and resourcing. The network I'm a part of (called a Maturing Church Network) is going out to a retreat center in Cache Creek. We went out there last November and I'm really looking forward to hooking up with everyone again. What's nice about this group is I've known everyone there for so long. We've all experienced so much together.
I think the best experience I ever had with our MCN took place about six years ago. We asked a question ahead of time: what ten things are you doing well and what ten things do you need help with? Each Pastor came to the network meeting with their responses. The idea was simple: share with others and let the others help you. This was a great exercise for me. At the time I was planting a church in Maple Ridge and I needed a lot of help. As I shared and later went around the room, the experience/knowledge/insight that came out was phenomenal. I still have the notes I took from that meeting!
I think that's how it goes for all of us: we can do some things well and we struggle with other things. The greatest thing to do is to share with others. Gather a group of people that you respect and who know you and ask them for their insights/wisdom. Each month I meet with a fellow who's known me for about 12 years now. We have lunch together and I ask him questions about life, my life, my future, what his thoughts are, etc. He's only more than happy to share with me. Want to truly get your soul filled? Then spend time with people who know you, who love you, who want the best for you, and who are a little further down the road than you. You'll be amazed at how much quicker you get down the path of spiritual maturity.







Rev. Jason Johnson resides in Calgary, AB and is the Lead Pastor of West Springs Free Methodist Church. He is
married to a wonderful woman named Esther, and is the proud father of two beautiful girls named Mattea and Allia. Jason likes coffee, playing
golf, and prefers Pepsi over Coke.