The end is in sight!!
Monday, January 16, 2006
We're nearing the end of our journey together and I must say, it's been a good one. Many of you have added comments and suggestions. I'm glad for that. As I indicated earlier, this is an on-going discussion, one in which I need to learn as much (or more!) than others. I had a great time meeting with some university age people from our local church. I shared the beginning couple of point with them and got some much-welcomed feedback. So let's continue...
12. The called, affirmed and anointed leadership spends extended periods of prayer seeking the Lord's will
I was impressed with Paul Yongi Cho's book, Prayer: Key To Revival. In it he related that his leadership gets away for a summit of prayer. They spent days in intentional intercession. What a fantastic thing to do! I see in the Bible how leaders spent extended periods of prayer seeking God's face. I think there are a lot of opportunities that will come along and you know you should do it: you're equipped to do it, it's a good idea, it's the logical "next step," others on staff are passionate about it, the church body seems to want it, or it would somehow add to the overall ministry of the church. But there are other opportunities and decisions that require hearing directly from the Lord. I believe it's essential that the affirmed and anointed leadership spend extended and regular periods of prayer seeking the Lord's will for the local church and the church abroad.
Comments, questions, concerns, suggestions, addtions, addendums, revisions, clarifications? Add a comment.






Rev. Jason Johnson resides in Calgary, AB and is the Lead Pastor of West Springs Free Methodist Church. He is
married to a wonderful woman named Esther, and is the proud father of two beautiful girls named Mattea and Allia. Jason likes coffee, playing
golf, and prefers Pepsi over Coke.