Okay, I'll do better starting......NOW!!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
I heard a little ditty a few years ago and it sounds a little something like this: "Yesterday is the best indication of tomorrow." It essentially means that what you've done is what you'll continue to do. I think this is an accurate philosophy of the human condition. Science would affirm this, too. Afterall, an object in motion will stay in motion unless acted upon by an outside force. Likewise, an object at rest will stay at rest unless acted upon by an outside force. What I've done, how I've acted, how I've reacted in the past is the best indication of how I will do the same today and tomorrow. For example, there are people in our lives whom we're afraid to confront because we just know how they'll react and what they'll say. See? Yesterday is the best indication of tomorrow.
As powerful a tool this is for understanding the human psyche it's also a tool that's been abused. Some use it as a way of limiting what others can do.
"I can expect nothing from you today because you did nothing yesterday. So just stay there."
There is a negative aspect of this slogan but the LORD has put a positive spin on it for my life. Rather than looking back, God has asked me to look forward: if I want to see something happen tomorrow, what can I start today? I may not have a "proven trackrecord" but that's okay, because my track record starts today! I believe a lot of us limit ourselves by looking at our yesterdays. But I also believe we can empower ourselves by looking toward an exciting future.
Posted by Soul Fill @
10:01 AM
Post a Comment
1 Comments:
-
It's true what you say; we need to remember that God can and will cause change in our hearts and lives. We don't need to live in the mud!







Rev. Jason Johnson resides in Calgary, AB and is the Lead Pastor of West Springs Free Methodist Church. He is
married to a wonderful woman named Esther, and is the proud father of two beautiful girls named Mattea and Allia. Jason likes coffee, playing
golf, and prefers Pepsi over Coke.