Fall's Coming
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Fall. Autumn. September to October. I love this time of year! I think it was in 1995 that Fall surpassed summer as my favorite time of year. I'm not sure why. I think it's a combination of a lot of things. The weather's cooler but still sunny. The air has a crisp feel to it but not too cold. The leaves are turning color. The students are heading back to school and families are staying put. Church attendance drops drastically over the summer and I don't get to see everyone. The Fall brings everyone back! Autumn also brings Thanksgiving. Lots of food to eat! I think what I'm really looking forward to this Fall is our youth program here at the church. We have about 10 leaders and a very purposeful student ministry. The team of leaders I'm blessed to be with are truly a "dream team". The ideas we've had have now grown into full-blown programs. I can't wait to be a part of these plans all unfolding. It'll be great.
I trust that the rest of you are optimistic and are moving into this new season with joy and happiness. I trust that this season will truly be a fruitful time for all of you!






Rev. Jason Johnson resides in Calgary, AB and is the Lead Pastor of West Springs Free Methodist Church. He is
married to a wonderful woman named Esther, and is the proud father of two beautiful girls named Mattea and Allia. Jason likes coffee, playing
golf, and prefers Pepsi over Coke.