lotsa family this past week
Tuesday, August 08, 2006

This past week Es and I were blessed by spending time with each of our families. We first went to Deroche, BC, for a family reunion for her mom's side of the family. I learned some new Dutch phrases and sampled some awesome Dutch cuisine--especially panenkoek and bahmi. The reunion went from Tuesday to Friday. It was hard for us to say "good-bye" to the relatives but we had to. But that same day we drove back here to Kamloops and visited with my native relatives. My dad and niece danced in the Pow-Wow this weekend. Here's a picture of my Dad in his full-regalia. If I can ever figure out how to upload a video onto this blog, I have a 20 second clip of him dancing.
When I sit back and observe the people God has brought into my life--first and foremost his Son, Jesus Christ and a close second is my beautiful wife--I can only use one word: blessed. Some traditions use the term "unconditional election" when talking about their salvation. They did nothing to deserve it nor achieve it. It was freely given by God. Can I steal part of that phrase to coin a new one? Unconditional Blessing. I did nothing to deserve nor achieve the relationships (family and friends) I have but rather I see these as gifts from God.
I trust that you and I will hold relationships high and cosider them when we consider what we've been given and how wealthy we are.
Posted by Soul Fill @
11:24 AM
Post a Comment
3 Comments:
-
Nice posting Jay!! You're my greatest Treasure completely undeserved. Love you!
By , @ 11:55 AM -
Hey, J. E's right. you're a treasure yourself.
the weekend was a great time. let's make time for more of the same.
from and Aeron & I to our Kamloops peeps- "we love you".By , @ 12:47 PM -
proud of you bro for posting this... you are honoring your parents and your heritage... keep dancing








Rev. Jason Johnson resides in Calgary, AB and is the Lead Pastor of West Springs Free Methodist Church. He is
married to a wonderful woman named Esther, and is the proud father of two beautiful girls named Mattea and Allia. Jason likes coffee, playing
golf, and prefers Pepsi over Coke.