amazing quote
Thursday, June 22, 2006

I'm doing lots of reading these days in preparation for my class this coming October. I'm currently reading (and am almost done) "The Ascent of a Leader: How Ordinary Relationships Develop Extraordinary Character and Influence" by Bill Thrall, Bruce McNicol and Ken McElrath. It's a good book but I found this amazing quote--let it sink in and change your life:
"Discovering destiny depends on God giving us the eyes to find it. There is a mystery to it. But this does nothing to minimze our own responsibility to seek and evaluate the opportunities presented to us. There is no greater loss than to come to that purpose in life for which we were born and to not be prepared" (italics mine.)
All together now: WOW!! I just had to share this quote. I hope it stirs you like it's stirring me.
Posted by Soul Fill @
12:53 PM
Post a Comment
1 Comments:
-
Wow is right! This SO resonates with me and a decision I recently made: http://finding-a-voice.blogspot.com/2006/07/new-season.html#comments.







Rev. Jason Johnson resides in Calgary, AB and is the Lead Pastor of West Springs Free Methodist Church. He is
married to a wonderful woman named Esther, and is the proud father of two beautiful girls named Mattea and Allia. Jason likes coffee, playing
golf, and prefers Pepsi over Coke.