confused but okay

Friday, October 27, 2006


Many people have told me to update my blog. "I'm trying," I tell them, "but it was declared a 'spam blog'." I don't know how my blog got designated as such...I don't even know what a spam blog is! Even after following the links that said "find out what a spam blog is," I'm still confused. Oh well. It's released from that title now, so here we go.
I was out in Canmore, AB, this past week. Am-ay-zing! Emphasis on "zing"! It was our denomination's annual pastor's retreat. We western pastors were invited and lots of us showed up. If you've been to Canmore you'll know why! The week was full...chocker-block full of meetings, worship through music, prayer and communion, an ordination service and a great speaker. As enriching as all of that was I must confess: it probably wouldn't matter what was taught, whatmeetings were scheduled, or what music was played. For me it will always come down to hanging out with the friends I don't get to see much. I'm like a sponge at these meetings. I soak up the time with my friends and still have lots of room for morre. My life is made so much better because these people are in it. They make me laugh and I make them laugh. We tell and re-tell the same old stories and never grow tired of them. We walk around town looking at shops or a place to eat, and then stay up late continuing the discussions. We talk about ministry and life, the past, present and future. People really want to know how my beautiful wife is doing and, "when is the baby due again?"
Now not just "old friends" was I able to be with, I was fortunate enough to make some new friends, too. There were some pastors present and I didn't know them very well. I intentionally spent time with these guys 'cuz I wanted to get to know them better.
Let me share how I was blessed in another way. I led worship at our sessions with the help three very gifted others--thanks again Dan, Joanne and Russ! What overwhelmed me most was how everyone there desired to worship. They showed up desiring to connect with God. We tried some new stuff and there were songs no doubt new to a lot, but that didn't stop the worship. For a lot of the songs I didn't even sing...I just played the guitar and listened to everyone else! What an experience that was!
God bless you all and I hope that you're still willing to enter into God's presence day by day and moment by moment.
Posted by Soul Fill @ 1:47 PM

1 Comments:

  • Hey Jason!! Just wanted to say hi. It's been many years. ((hugs))

    By Blogger shari, @ 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment
<< Home