I'm no Nerd
Saturday, January 06, 2007
I have a story that reveals how much of a techno-nerd I'm not. People think I know about technology and stuff but I really don't. Here's the story.
Some students in our church were showing me their iPods. They explained to me what it was, how it worked and where you could get one. They said I really should get one. I didn't get one. See, I don't often find myself needing portable music. Until now. Let me set up the story which will reveal just how techno-illiterate I am. Last Tuesday, I--along with thousands others--started going to the gym. Time to drop the weight. Time to get into shape. I only have six months until the summer. I need help! The gym I go to is right beside our church so it's the perfect location. When I'm trying to get into shape I don't want to have to walk too far. I got myself a gym membership and I bought myself some new gym clothes. You wouldn't recognize me! Nike shoes. Adidas track pants. Adidas shirt. Cory would be proud. If I don't get into great shape I'll at least look the part. Oh, I also have a discman and a really cool pack to carry it in. So, before each workout, I get suited up and plugged in. The discman works great while I'm lifting but I also run after I lift. This is when the discman isn't so great. It boasts a two-minute skip-proof dealio but I don't think it's two minutes until the tracks start skipping uncontrolably. I think I now have a need for a new system of portable music. What to do, what to do? Ahh! The iPod!! I know just the place to get one: Sahali Center Mall has a Mac store. So I popped in ready to talk the talk and buy the Pod. I looked around. I had my hand on my chin. I was looking pensive. I picked up an iPod and confidently walked up to the salesman. That's how confident I was: I made the first move. The salesman looked impressed. "Yes, how much for this iPod? See, I need a good portable music system and I'd like to use my iTunes to download some music onto it." The salesman looked REALLY impressed. "And, for only $25, I think this particular iPod fits nicely into my budget." "This is only the case," he said. "You need an actual iPod. Here's one for only $400." I wasn't impressed. I left the store. Hey, if you saw the case you'd think it was an actual iPod too!
I came home feeling a little embarassed and dejected. Until I saw my two beauties: Esther and Mattea. Here's a pic today of them both.
Posted by Soul Fill @
1:05 PM
Post a Comment
2 Comments:
-
That is SO embarassing. I think I would probably die. Probably.
By , @ 12:45 PM -
shooooot....this made me LMAO...
i needed that today. (:
janis








Rev. Jason Johnson resides in Calgary, AB and is the Lead Pastor of West Springs Free Methodist Church. He is
married to a wonderful woman named Esther, and is the proud father of two beautiful girls named Mattea and Allia. Jason likes coffee, playing
golf, and prefers Pepsi over Coke.